Arran Smugglers' Series / The Complete Trilogy 1 x 70cl, 2 x 75cl
A very cool nod to the shady history of Arran's distilling. Back during the 18th and 19th century the island was a producer of illicit whisky. Three volumes were released, presented in a book style package to hide the goods.
This lot contains all three releases, the complete trilogy:
- Arran Smugglers' Series Volume 1 / The Illict Stills 75cl / US Import
- Volume 1 contains whisky which represents the type of dram the illicit producers would create. It is a mixture of Port Pipes and Sherry Hogsheads containing unpeated spirit and oak barrels containing peated spirit. An all-together heavier style dram than what is produced today. Released in 2015. One of 8,700 bottles. 56.4%
- Arran Smugglers' Series Volume 2 / The High Seas 75cl / US Import
- This second release pays tribute to the producers of the famed Arran Waters. The whisky itself is a peated spirit matured in rum casks and finished in first fill bourbon barrels. Released in 2016. One of 8,700 bottles. 55.4%
- Arran Smugglers' Series Volume 3 / The Exciseman
- The 2017 third release has been matured in Madeira and smaller bourbon quarter casks. 56.8%
Please note shipping charge for 3 bottles.