Tullamore Dew 10 Year Old 1960s
Tullamore Dew is a popular Irish Whiskey, now owned by William Grant and Sons.
Bottled in the late 1960s by Irish Distillers, who were formed by the amalgamation of Cork Distillers, John Jameson & Son, and John Powers & Son in 1966. The latter had procured the Tullamore Dew brand from D.E. Williams in the early part of that decade, indicating that this may contain whiskey distilled at Power's old John's Lane distillery.
The Old Tullamore Distillery, owned by D.E. Williams closed in 1954, entering an agreement with Powers who would provide whiskey for their brands, Irish Mist and Tullamore Dew. This bottle therefore occupies an unusual spot in the Dew's history, being distilled at John's Lane, sourced by D.E. Williams, and then returned home after his sale of the brand, to be bottled back in the same distillery it was produced.