Please note that our ability to ship to the USA is changing. The states we can ship to and additional information can be found below.
The following details the various policies which apply to delivery within the UK:
- All prices quoted are based on a standard 70cl bottle and therefore may vary for heavier or larger bottles.
- All deliveries must be signed for upon arrival for by persons over the age of 18 - proof of age may be required.
- Delivery is available between Monday and Friday only.
- Delivery companies may require contact details for the recipient. Please try to include a phone number or email with the recipient address when placing an order.
- Due to the various ages of bottles and their seals, condition of liquid is at the buyer's discretion and no claim can be lodged against failure/leakage in transit.
- Except where the customer has opted and paid for Loss & Breakage Assurance, the risk of loss and/or breakage in transit is exclusively held by the customer; no claims shall be entered into by or against Whisky Auctioneer.
In addition to the above, the following details the policies which also apply to delivery outwith the UK:
- All orders being shipped outwith the UK may be eligible for local taxation and duties upon arrival in the destination country, which are payable by the customer.
- All deliveries must be signed for upon arrival for by persons over the legal drinking age in the destination country - proof of age may be required.
Loss & Breakage Assurance
In order to lower risks associated with transporting winning lots, Whisky Auctioneer recommends that you collect your lots directly from our premises in Perth, Scotland. Should this not be possible or you prefer to have your lots shipped to you, then liability for both loss and damage rests with the purchaser.
While our team takes every effort to package and dispatch orders carefully and securely, the Courier Companies do not take on any liability for items lost or broken in transit. To address this, Whisky Auctioneer offers our customers ‘Loss & Breakage Assurance’ in order to provide a method to cover items lost or broken in transit (cost is 3% of Hammer Price + Commission.). By purchasing ‘Loss & Breakage Assurance’ when checking out, your lots will be protected against loss or breakage in transit.
Please note that Loss & Breakage Assurance provides cover for breakage and loss during transit only – Loss & Breakage Assurance does not cover any loss arising from an item’s condition. Therefore, it will not protect against seal failures or cosmetic damage to lots. Please see our buying page for more information.
For your convenience, this is automatically selected at the checkout stage. However, if you do not wish to take out Loss & Breakage Assurance on your purchase, please deselect this when completing your order.
- Shipping Prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
- Shipping costs up to 48 bottles are available
- Please don't hesitate to contact us if your country is not listed here. Alternatively please lookup the costs to your country below.
Ship Stored Orders
If you have chosen to store items with us, or would like to combine multiple orders for shipping, then please choose the Collection/Storage option when processing your shopping cart on our website. Once the order has been placed you are able to request shipping of stored orders by completing our Ship Stored Orders online form.
We are only able to ship to the following states; Alaska, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington DC, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Wyoming.
We are unable to provide tracking information and the shipment may take up to 14 days to arrive.